In this article
- Site name: is the name that appears on the left part of the header. By default, it's the name of the website given when you created it (see the new website section).
- Site slogan:
- Site description: this is a metadata used by the search engine. If left blank, the default value created by BookingSync will apply (respect the SEO standards)
SEO is a very important part of your website. Titles and descriptions are used by search engine to find you and rank your website. SEO is entirely managed in the background by BookingSync, following the best practices. However, you can still configure your own SEO content-titles and descriptions for all your website pages. Here you will find the main on-page elements for SEO:
Note that SEO must be managed in all the languages supported by your website.
For more information about SEO, please read our blog post Boost your Vacation Rental SEO
- Homepage title / description: SEO for your landing page
- Search page title / description: SEO for your search page (list of all the rentals)
- Contact page title / description: SEO for your contact page
- Not found page title / description: SEO for the not found page
You will need to fill your business information here as it is not imported from your BookingSync account.
All the above-mentioned fields are optional but it is highly recommended to have at least email and phone number for the traveler to reach you easily.
The contact information will appear in the footer section of your website.
If you want to display the contact form, you must add Email
and on the left side of the contact form.
BookingSync offers multi-language websites. You can choose here the list of languages available on your website. Please note that there are 2 different parts in translations:
- The translation of the structure of the website, that is handled by BookingSync. At the moment website structure is translated in English (by default), German, French, Greek, Italian, Swedish, Dutch and Spanish.
- The translation of the custom content-rental description, page, category content, destination content, menu items, etc-, that is handled by the BookingSync client (you :))
You can add a language that is not translated by BookingSync. In this case, the structure of the website will appear in English and custom content in the language you translated.
New languages could be added in the structure, please contact your customer care team to proceed with the translation.
As soon as you have more than one language available on your website, a list of choices will appear on the right side of the header.
BookingSync offers multi-currency websites. You can choose here the list of currencies available on your website.
As soon as you have more than one currency available on your website, a list of choices will appear on the right side of the header.
Please note the payment will have to be made in the currency accepted by your payment gateway. If it is a currency that is not accepted, the amount converted to the chosen currency will be displayed.
This section allows you to manage the default values of your website.
- Rentals visible by default: if checked, each newly published rentals of your BookingSync account will be listed on your website without any action to be taken on your side.
- Tentative as available: if checked, the rentals will appear in the search results page even if there is a tentative booking on your BookingSync calendar for the given dates.
- Include not available rentals in search results: if checked, the rentals will appear in the the search results page even if there is no availability for the given dates.
- Default search sort type: you can choose what sorting is applied by default on the search page from the following options:
- Position: custom sorting linked to the position of the rentals in the Rentals section of the website builder
- Price: Low to High
- Price: High to Low
- Guests: Fewest to Most
- Guests: Most to Fewest
- Rooms: Fewest to Most
- Rooms: Most to Fewest
You can link your social media accounts in Social.
- Facebook: Enter in the field the part of the URL that is after "https://www.facebook.com/"
- Twitter: Enter in the field the part of the URL that is after "https://www.twitter.com/"
- Skype: Enter in the field your skype contact
- Pinterest: Put in the field the part of the URL that is after "http://pinterest.com/"
- Google plus: Enter in the field the part of the URL that is after "https://plus.google.com/"
- Linkedin: Enter in the field the part of the URL that is after "https://www.linkedin.com/"
- Youtube: Enter in the field the part of the URL that is after "https://www.youtube.com/"
- Vimeo: Enter in the field the part of the URL that is after "https://www.vimeo.com/"
- Instagram: Enter in the field the part of the URL that is after "https://www.instagram.com/"
There will be a direct link for all your social media pages in the footer of your website.
You can link here your integrated apps:
- Facebook App: To get the full information when your guest share the link to your rentals (photo for example)
- Google analytics: To get statistics on your website visitors and more (learn more here)
- Google API key: In order to display correctly the maps on the website once the domain name has been changed, you need to get your own Google API key. Please follow the instructions here to see how you can retrieve the key and fill it in in Google Api key field.