In this article
During the first step to connect your BookingSync listings to Vrbo/HomeAway, you will need to choose your Vrbo / HomeAway brand. Make sure to select the correct brand and currency according to your location:
No worries if you don’t yet have an account on Vrbo/HomeAway, you’ll create one directly during the connection.
|HomeAway master Brand||Country||Language||Currency|
|www.homeaway.co.uk||England||English||GBP or EUR|
|www.homeaway.com||US||English||USD or CAD|
|www.vrbo.com / admin.vrbo.com||US||English||USD or CAD|
Note that if you have listings on other sites, Vrbo/HomeAway might be able to migrate your listings to one of these sites, please contact your Homeaway account manager to check if it's possible.
- Note that depending on your location, the activation process takes between 1 and 4 weeks ( Vrbo/HomeAway delay) as soon as you sign the activation contract.
- INSTANT BOOKING is mandatory on the listings synced with BookingSync through API.
- Online booking is mandatory if you want your bookings to be synchronized. Offline booking is still possible but you will have to create your bookings in your BookingSync calendar manually.
- The Vrbo/HomeAway payment gateway cannot be used anymore when connected. You MUST define a payment gateway in BookingSync if you wish to use online bookings. Please, note that Paypal Express can NOT be used as a payment gateway for the Vrbo/HomeAway synchronization.
- Only USD, CAD, EUR, AUD, NZD, JPY and GBP are supported by Vrbo/HomeAway for this sync. Your price in BookingSync MUST be in one of these currencies and MATCH the Vrbo/HomeAway currency. It's important to select the correct brand depending on your currency (see above).
- The Vrbo/HomeAway full synchronization via the application can only be used to connect Property Manager accounts, i.e. with 5 or more properties (only Property Managers in North America and Australia with less than 5 listings can connect to Vrbo/HomeAway - other location are still restricted with a minimum of 5 listings.) If you have an owner account, you can connect using iCal. See this article for more details.
- Only the first 24 pictures are synced with your Vrbo/HomeAway listings.
- If you want to edit or cancel your Vrbo/HomeAway bookings you MUST do it in BookingSync. All Vrbo/HomeAway bookings will be shown as locked in BookingSync BUT you will be able to cancel and edit the booking in BookingSync.
Vrbo/HomeAway Listings Approval Content Guidelines
To make sure your listings are approved, please follow the guidelines provided by Vrbo/HomeAway. If any of these requirements is not met, your listing will not appear in the Vrbo/HomeAway feed.
- Address has to be present: address1, city, country_code, zip in Rental > Location
- Geocode has to be present: latitude and longitude in Rentals > Location (under the map)
- Description has to be present in the master brand's locale* and must be min 400 characters long in Rental > Base
- Headline has to be present in the master brand's locale* and at least 20 characters long in Rental > Base
- Minimum 6 photos in Rental > Photos
- Minimum 1 bedroom, unless the rental type is a studio in Rental > Base
- Minimum 1 bathroom in Rental > Base
- Rental type has to be set in Rental > Base
- Rates have to be set in Rental > Rates (at least one period entered)
- Rental agreement has to be present in the master brand's locale* in Settings > Payments
- Cancellation policy has to be present in Settings > Payments
- A payment gateway must be linked to the BookingSync account in Settings > Payments and assigned to each property in Rental > Private.
- Maximum field length restrictions: Description: 10000, Summary: 80, Photo description: 400