The reason to use your own domain name
When you create a new BookingSync website, it is created under the
.happystay.com domain name which is a valid domain name and can be used to advertise your website. However, we would recommend purchasing your own domain name, as it is much more professional.
Redirection from a custom domain name
There are 4 steps to configure your own domain name with a BookingSync generated website:
- Contact your customer care team and provide your custom domain name for your website
- Our technical team will configure your BookingSync website for you (it can take 24 up to 48 hours)
- Please create CNAME Record for
dns1.happystay.com.(the "dot" at the end is required) in your domain provider account
- For domains without www in front (example: example.com) ANAME (configured as CNAME) or DNS forwarding should be configured if possible, if not, an A Record pointing to
Below you will find a few examples of providers. If you have difficulties to set up this configuration, please contact your provider support team.
Configuration in Gandi
- Connect to your Gandi account https://www.gandi.net/login
- Click on the domain name you want to use
- On the Zone Files section, click on Copy to edit
- Click on Copy this zone to edit
- Click on Create a new version
- In the new version, edit the www CNAME record and change it to dns1.happystay.com. Save.
- Go back to the domain list and click on the domain name you want to use
- Click on Web forwarding - Manage
- Add a new record for a permanent redirect, Subdomain, leave blank and forwarding address. Please do not forget the 3 www for the domain name
Configuration in Registrar
- Connect to your Registrar manager account
- Click on Account Dashboard > Domains > Manage
- Choose the domain name you want to use and click Manage
- In ADVANCED TECHNICAL SETTINGS, click on the line CNAME "Edit Domain Aliases Records"
- Add 3 www record that points to dns1.happystay.com. (with or without the dot)
- Click on Continue twice to validate
- Click on "Web Site Forwarding" (activate this option if necessary)
- Add an empty record that points to http://www.yourdomainename.com where you replace yourdomainename.com by your domain name
Configuration in United Domains
- Connect to your uniteddomains account
- For the domain name click on Settings > DNS on the right side
- In the DNS Records section > Add a new record
- Enter www for the subdomain, CNAME for the record type and dns1.happystay.com.
- Click on Save
- Click on Back to the Domain List
- For the domain name click on Settings > Forwards on the right side
- Chose Forward 'yourwebsitename'.com to
- Enter the forwarding URL: http://www.'yourwebsitename'.com and leave 301 Header (open redirect) option