- Create and manage menus and sub-menus
- Create and manage redirects within your website or from your old website
Create and manage menus and sub-menus
In your BookingSync website, you can use 2 menus, a header (called main menu) and a footer menu.
The header / main menu is located on the top right of your page.
The footer menu is located on the right part of the footer.
Create a menu
- click on
- Name your menu:
mainfor the header menu,
footerfor the footer menu or any other name for a sub-menu.
Create Menu. Note that this name can be changed at any time.
- Fill in the menu items one by one:
- The link name (mandatory). It's the name that will appear in the menu. If you have a multi-language website, don't forget to add a name for every language.
- What it links to (mandatory). You can choose the link amongst the following options:
- Homepage: links to the homepage of your website and can be useful for mobile navigation.
- Page: links to one of the pages created in the Page section.
- Rental: links to one of your rentals page.
- Category: links to one of the categories created in the Categories section.
- Destination: links to one of the destinations listed in the Destinations section. For a better travel experience, make sure to add a photo and content for this destination.
- Search page: links to the rental search page.
- URL: links to any URL. It can be useful to include a direct link to an external blog or a link to the owner access page (if you use our Owner app).
- NoLink: links to nothing. You can use this option if you have a sub-menu.
- Contact: links to the contact page.
- The linked sub-menu, if any.
- Then, click on
Change a menu
You can change menu by clicking on
On the edit page, you can
- Add a new item, following the same steps as above
- Modify or delete an existing item
- Manually sort items by clicking on the hamburger icon
Please do not forget to click on Update menu to validate the changes.
Delete a menu
To delete menu please click on
Edit menu >
In your BookingSync website, you can create sub-menus to link them to your header menu.
- Create a menu with a specific name.
- Add all the desired items and link them to this menu. (see the section above)
- Update the menu
- Edit the main menu, add a new item (or edit an existing one) and in the sub-menu option, chose the menu you just created
- Do not forget to update your main menu
Create and manage redirects within your website or from your old website
It is very important for your customers and for search engines to prevent breaking links on your website. If you make changes on your website, such as changing the rentals' link (when you create a BookingSync website) or replacing a static page by a category, please do not forget to create the corresponding redirect to avoid this situation.
If you migrate your website to a BookingSync website (with a URL redirection), you must use these redirects to match the old page URL to the new ones.
- Click on
- Click on
- The old path (mandatory): URL of the old website or old page
- The path it redirects to (mandatory): URL of the new page
- Click on