In this article
- Information collected
- 24-hour confirmation booking process
- Instant booking process
- Cancel a booking
- Modify a booking
During the booking process, CanadaStays collects and sync several information in the booking
- First name, Last name
- Email: for 24-hour confirmation bookings, the CanadaStays email is displayed, for instant booking, the real guest email is displayed
- Full address: street name, zip, city state, country
- Check-in and check-out dates and times
- Number of adults and children (infants in CanadaStays are considered as Children in BookingSync)
- Source: set as CanadaStays
- Initial price: rental price, including taxes
- Channel price: price paid by the guest, excluding traveller's booking fee
- Fees/Services, including taxes
- Damage deposit to be collected by the manager/owner, displayed as a booking comments
- Guest's message, displayed as a booking comment
As soon as the payment is processed by CanadaStays, it's added to the booking.
- Date: date of the payment process
- Type: online by default
- Amount: price paid by the guest, excluding the traveller's booking fees
24-hour confirmation booking process
This is the default booking option if your property is not labelled Online Bookable or Instantly Bookable on BookingSync side.
- The guest confirms his booking on CanadaStays and send the 24-hour confirmation request.
- The booking is created on the BookingSync calendar as a 24-hour tentative.
- The manager approves the booking in his CanadaStays admin.
- The payment is processed by CanadaStays and recorded automatically to the booking in BookingSync, which is converted into a confirmed booking.
Instant booking process
Online bookings on CanadaStays must be authorized on BookingSync side. Your rental must be Instantly bookable. This setting can be changed anytime. See how to open your rentals to instant booking.
- The guest confirms his booking on CanadaStays.
- The payment is processed CanadaStays.
- The booking is created on the BookingSync calendar as a confirmed and the payment is recorded automatically.
Cancel a booking
The booking cancellation is possible on the CanadaStays admin ONLY.
- Go into your CanadaStay account > Reservation section
- Click on the reservation you'd like to cancel
- Click on
Modify a booking
It's not possible to modify a booking.