In this article
- Create an Homeaway account or request to activate more properties
- Connection steps
- Common issues preventing from syncing
Create an Homeaway account or request to activate more properties
If you don't have any account yet with Homeaway and want to create one to benefit from the full sychronization of your account
OR, if you already have an account but would like to activate more properties,
please fill the following form: https://www.homeaway.com/l/pmsc/connect?brand=bookingsync
Please make sure to enter the " Property Manager Software" field with your company name.
Only Property Managers can use this form, owners need to contact directly Homeway.
Note that you need to follow at least the steps 1 to 4 each time you connect a new account to HomeAway. The HomeAway team cannot activate your listings if they are not contacted.
Pre-requisite: Install our app HomeAway for property managers
- Go to the Apps section of your account
- Click on Visit the App Center
- Select HomeAway for Property Managers
- Click on Install App
- If you don't have any connected account: connect your HomeAway account
Your BookingSync rentals will appear on the left side and if you already have rentals listed on HomeAway, they will appear on the right side
OR If you already have an account connected to HomeAway: connect an additional HomeAway account
- If it's an existing HomeAway account, connect your rentals by dragging the BookingSync rental from the left and dropping it on the corresponding HomeAway listing the right.
- If it's a new account (or for new listings on an existing account), drag the BookingSync rental from the left and drop it on the grey zone saying
Drop here to create a new rental on HomeAway
- Contact HomeAway to set up the connection.
- Click on
Complete Setup with HomeAway
- To get a draft of the email that needs to be sent to HomeAway, click on
Send email to HomeAway
Or just copy and paste the array provided into an email.
- Complete the missing information: fullname, company name and phone number
- Send the email to your account manager.
- Click on
If you don't have any account manager, you can write to/call:
- US- firstname.lastname@example.org
- UK- PMActivation@HomeAway.co.uk or http://help.homeaway.co.uk/contact or Phone: 44 203 514 5512
- FR- PMActivation@Abritel.fr or http://aide.abritel.fr/contact or Phone: 33 4 13 68 10 44
- DE- PMActivation@FeWo-Direkt.de or http://hilfe.fewo-direkt.de/contact or Phone: 49 69 2573 78892
- ES- PMActivation@HomeAway.es
- IT- PMActivation@HomeAway.it
You can also check the Activating Distribution to HomeAway file for more details.
Common issues preventing from syncing
When you drag and drop your properties to connect them to HomeAway, you might get some issues preventing from syncing. They appear with a yellow background.
Here are the common issues and how to solve them.
- No cancelation policy was found for this rental. This unit won't be synchronized: cancellation policies must be entered in Settings > Payments > Cancellation policies or in each rental > Rental Cancellation Policies > Manage Rental Cancellation policies.
- Rental Agreement is required: a rental aggrement must be entered in Settings > Payment > Rental agreement or in each rental > Rental Agreement tab.
- At least 1 bedrooms, currently 0: you must define at least 1 bedroom for your rental. If there is no bedroom (ex. a sofa in the living room), make sure that the rental type is Studio in the rental > Base tab.
- English headline too short, should be at least 20 characters long, currently 15 (can be for different language): You must enter a longer headine for the specified language in the rental > Description tab.
- English description too short, should be at least 400 characters long, currently 300 (can be for different language): You must enter a longer description for the specified language in the rental > Description tab.