Main things to consider before starting the connection
IMPORTANT: If you do not have yet an account with Expedia, be patient! Until further notice, Expedia will only be contracting and onboarding Property Managers located in the following countries: Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Canada, and the United States. If you already are an Expedia customer, you can synchronize your listing to BookingSync and create new listings, even outside of these countries.
- The synchronization with Expedia is a full synchronization of availability, rates (including mandatory fees and taxes), rental content, and bookings.
- You can connect existing properties or push new properties to Expedia.
- There is a delay of +/- 15 days between the connection request and the connection. We recommend that you make the request well in advance.
- If you connect existing properties, they will be placed on stop-sale by Expedia, because any bookings will not be entered onto the calendar on BookingSync. This closed period can last 1-2 days.
- We do not manage multiple units, each property on BookingSync must have a counterpart on Expedia with a dedicated line for the rates
- Expedia proposes several options for payments: Expedia Collects with virtual credit card (EVC), Expedia Collects with bank transfer (Expedia Pay), Hotel Collects and Expedia Traveler Preference (the guest can choose between Expedia Collects and Hotel Collects). We support all of these payment options.
- Payments by credit card, both virtual and real, are processed through the BookingSync payment gateway. It is only possible to process these transactions using the following gateway: Stripe.
- Rentals must appear as published and instantly bookable in BookingSync.
- Prices must be synchronized with Expedia. However, BookingSync can only synchronize 1 rate plan. It means that you can only have 1 rate plan available for connected properties.
- You need to connect or push new properties in the Expedia application on BookingSync in order to activate the connection with Expedia.
- If you just created an account with Expedia, you need to push a first batch of at least 20 new properties so they can be checked and opened. Then, there is no minimum of properties but Expedia recommends to group and push properties every 1-2 weeks.