If you have listings present on BookingSync and Expedia, you can connect them via the Expedia app of your BookingSync account, allowing you to benefit from a partial or full synchronization of your listing.
If you want to create your BookingSync rentals on Expedia, you can check out our manual page How to create my Expedia listings from BookingSync?
In this article
- Connect my properties with Rates & Availability (limited) sync
- What if I made a mistake while mapping a listing?
- Connect my properties with full sync
Contact your Expedia Local Support Team or Market Manager to ask for the connection with BookingSync and provide the list of Expedia Hotel IDs that you would like to connect.
Expedia will create a file for the connection. It can take up to 2-3 weeks for the file to be dealt with. When the properties have been approved on Expedia's end, you will receive an email for each property to let you know.
If you have some future bookings in Expedia, note that future reservations will be imported automatically in your BookingSync calendar as soon as the listings are connected.
Connect my properties with Rates & Availability (limited) sync
- Install the Expedia application, available in our App Centre, from the Apps section of your account.
- Open the application and, for each property or group of properties, click on "Add Expedia property".
- Enter the Expedia ID you want to connect and click on Submit.
Note that the Expedia ID can be found in your Partner Central account
- The property is added on the right-hand side, you can now drag and drop the BookingSync rental you want to connect to this Expedia listing.
- Once all the mapping is done, let the Customer Care team know via a ticket (Subject: Channels > Expedia > New connection) that the mapping has been done.
- Our team will take care of checking that everything is okay.
What if I made a mistake while mapping a listing?
If you made a mistake while mapping a listing, let the Customer Care team know as soon as possible via a ticket (Subject: Channels > Expedia > Sync issue), providing the correct mapping to be made.
Connect my properties with full sync
Once the Rates & Availability sync is active (Cf. Connect my properties with Rates & Availability (limited) sync), you can convert the limited sync into full sync.
You can only synchronize to Expedia with our full sync rentals that are labeled "instantly bookable" or "bookable online". In addition, please make sure you have the following information filled in:
- Bedroom details, including the bed types
- Bathroom details
- Full address, including street name and zip code
- At least 1 photo
- At least one contact with the "General" function
- Residency Category (required by Expedia according to local legislation)
- At least 1 day available to be booked (must have a rate)
- Click on Convert to full sync
- Complete or check the Property settings
Note that you can enter this information in the Property Settings at the top of the page so it is used by default each time you create a new property
- API Profile name provided by Expedia
- Guests will receive an email for check-in instructions: YES or NO
- Guests can do a late check-in: YES or NO
- Advance notice required for check-in after: select a time
- Latest time to accept same-day booking: select a time
Note that if you use the rate rule "Prevent if booked less than", the time specified here will not be taken into consideration.
- Advance notice required for check-in: select a delay
- Resolve the content issue. You must not have any message in red left for the rental.
Note that there might be a delay of a few minutes to sync the changes from the rental section to the Expedia app. Please, do not consider messages marked in yellow and grey!
- The listings will be converted to full sync once Expedia reviews and validates the content.