Request to book:
- All bookings you will received from Flatio are Requests to Book. It means that you need to accept the request before it turns into a booking. The booking will come as tentative on BookingSync until you answer the request.
- When a tenant will select your property for his stay, you will receive an email from Flatio (please note that the communication flow for Flatio’s bookings is not yet implemented in the BookingSync inbox).
- Reservation needs to be approved or declined within 24 hours on Flatio.
Accepting the booking on Flatio’s dashboard won’t confirm the booking in BookingSync. The tenant (guest) still needs to confirm and pay within 24 hours upon reception of this email:
- The tenant will be asked to electronically sign the contract by filling a code he will received by sms + send a copy of proof of ID + pay first rent (= price for 30 days) and Flatio’s service fee
- The booking is confirmed on Guest’s dashboard after he confirms the payment:
- the booking will get confirmed on BookingSync and the details for the payments of this booking will be displayed on your Flatio dashboard
- the tenant will have to sign and agree on the lease agreement generated by Flatio for your property (adapted to mid term rental).
- Since it is a different one from your rental agreement on BookingSync, you should specify on your Rental agreement on BookingSync that it won't apply for bookings made on Flatio (Rental Agreement is sent by default to your guest via the BookingSync Notifications)
- Lease agreement will be generated in both your language as well as the one of the tenant :)
- Flatio’s system will collect the payments so you don’t have to charge them manually and the Notifications for payments should be deactivated on BookingSync (using a booking tag “Flatio” that you need to create to add in the filter)
- First rent should be paid for the guest to be able to confirm his booking. First rent for Flatio = first 30 days rent. For following rents, payment is due per 30 days and payment should be made 10 days before every new 30 days period of living.
- Payments are not yet synced with BookingSync so you will have to record them manually on BookingSync on the payment bar (e.g when the booking comes as confirmed, you can record the first rent. You can then record each month your following rents when you get confirmations from Flatio that it has been paid.
- First rent is paid to you 7 days after check-in. Next rents are wired at D+1 from when Flatio receives the payment or D+5 if the payment was made via credit card. You can find out more information on this article of their manual.
- Flatio not responsible for unpaid rents, however their system will keep notifying automatically tenants about upcoming (or overdue) payments, offers them the possibility to pay via bank, card and Bitcoin and it will notify you about incoming or overdue payments too. Also, Flatio’s lease agreements should cover and help you getting rents from your tenant (if tenant is 7 days overdue, landlord can terminate the contract within 3 days).
- no deposit required (please check FLATIO® Damage Coverage Guarantee for further details)
- your BookingSync cancelation policy will not be synced so you need to modify it in Flatio’s dashboard (set to strict by default)
- it is not possible to cancel the booking from BookingSync. You can cancel on Flatio only.