What is tokenization?
Tokenization is the process of substituting the credit card information with a non-sensitive data element, called token.
Tokenization is possible with the following payment gateways:
- Ogone (Ingenico) with Premium or Enterprise account
Why should I enable it?
By enabling it, you authorize BookingSync to create tokens on your payment gateway that corresponds to the CC information of the guests that pay through this method.
It's mandatory to automate the payment processing with Booking.com but also, it allows you then to re-use the CC information of your guest to
- charge the balance or any additional fee
- pre-authorize the damage deposit amount.
How to enable the tokenization
- Go to the Payments > Accept Credit Cards section
- Edit your payment gateway
- Click on "I enable the tokenization" checkbox
Please note that to activate the tokenization with Ogone (Ingenico), you need to have a Premium or Enterprise account. Also, you will need to create an Alias in your Ingenico dashboard (see section 2.4 Alias Manager on Ingenico's guide: https://payment-services.ingenico.com/int/en/ogone/support/guides/integration%20guides/alias)