If you have listings present on BookingSync that are not yet on Expedia, you can automatically create them on Expedia by pushing your properties via the Expedia app of your BookingSync account, allowing you to save time by not having to create your listings twice.
In this article
You can only connect rentals to Expedia that are labeled "instantly bookable" or "bookable online". In addition, please make sure you have the following information filled in:
- Bedroom details, including the bed types
- Bathroom details
- Full address, including street name and zip code
- At least 7 photo
- At least one contact with the "General" function
- Residency Category (required by Expedia according to local legislation)
- At least 1 day available to be booked (must have a rate)
- Install the Expedia application, available in our App Center, from the Apps section of your account.
- Open the application and, drag and drop the property you want to create onto the field "Drop here to create a new rental on Expedia" on the bottom right of your Expedia app.
NB: You might have to scroll down to see the zone.
Resolve the content issue. You must not have any message in red left for the rental.
Note that there might be a delay of a few minutes to sync the changes from the rental section to the Expedia app. The messages marked in yellow and grey are warnings and information and do not prevent from synchronizing the properties!
Click on "Change Settings" and complete or check the Property settings
Note that you can enter this information in the Property Settings at the top of the page so it is used by default each time you create a new property
- API Profile name provided by Expedia
- Guests will receive an email for check-in instructions: YES or NO
- Guests can do a late check-in: YES or NO
- Advance notice required for check-in after: select a time
- Latest time to accept same-day booking: select a time.
Note that if you use the rate rule "Prevent if booked less than", the time specified here will not be taken into consideration.
- Advance notice required for check-in: select a delay
- Your listings will be live as soon as Expedia validates the content. Do no hesitate to contact your Expedia account manager to follow the project up.
When you push a new rental to Expedia, it creates a new property with a new room (listing). You cannot push a new rental as a new room under the same property via our UI. This feature will be available soon. If you need to push several rentals as rooms under the same property, please create the first rental and contact our customer care team via a ticket (Subject: Channels > Expedia > New connection), with the list of BookingSync ID you want to push and the Expedia ID of the first rental pushed.