In addition to the feature to collect your own reviews, BookingSync offers a brand new feature to view, and reply to reviews collected on your behalf by Airbnb and Booking.com. You can also review the guest directly from our interface.
Note that you can only access this new review management section, synchronized with our partners if you are on one of our latest pricing plans. Don't hesitate to contact our customer care team for more information.
From the BookingSync Reviews section of your account, you can check the reviews left by travelers on the different channels and left via the BookingSync review form.
Currently, you can check the reviews from Airbnb and Booking.com.
In this article
- Organization of the review section
- Airbnb cross review process
- Import of past reviews
- Filtering your reviews
- Review detail
Organization of the review section
The section is divided into 3 tabs
- All Reviews from Guests: lists all the reviews left by guests, no matter if you replied or not.
- Reply to your Guest Reviews: lists the reviews left by guests that need your reply.
[Pro Tip] Replying to guest's reviews, no matter if it's a good or bad one, increases guest satisfaction and gives you a better ranking on the channel!
- Review your Guests: lists the reviews that you need to leave or have already left for your guests (only available for Airbnb). The list starts with the reviews that you need to leave.
[Pro Tip] Leaving a review for your guests is super important for the host community as it gives insights on the guest's behavior. In addition, it increases the probability that the guest will leave a review of their own and gives you a better ranking on the channel!
In the two first tabs, you can find information about the review.
- Guest Name
- Overall rating
- Rental and booking dates
- Review source:
Note: One booking can have several reviews, usually 1 left on the channel and one left on the BookingSync review form, this source is the source of the review and not the source of the booking.
- Submission date
- Public comment
- If you didn't reply yet, an indication that you need to reply. -See how to reply in this article.
Airbnb cross review process
The guest and the host have 14 days to review the other party. Here is how it works:
- Once checkout is complete, we’ll ask you to write a review and provide star ratings for your recent trip or your guest
- You have to submit your review within 14 days from the time of checkout—after that, you can’t edit it
- Reviews are only posted after a) both parties have completed theirs, or b) the 14-day period has ended—whichever comes first
- You can also leave private feedback, which will be shared once the reviews are posted
Import of past reviews
When you do your onboarding or you connect a new account to BookingSync, we will import past reviews. However, we import a history of 90 days only (based on the submission date).
Filtering your reviews
The lists can be filtered by
- Rating: Good (4+ to 5 stars), Average (2+ to 4 stars) or Bad (1 to 2 stars)
- Source: this is the review source and not the booking source. A review can have a different source than the booking, for example, you can get a direct review for an Airbnb booking.
If you click on any review, you'll see the detail of this review. Here, you can check the category rating and comments, the whole public comment, and the private comment if there is one.