1. Add the Plum Guide application to your Smily account from the Smily app center. Don't forget to click on the app once installed to authorise the sending of your data to Plum Guide:
2. This screen will then appear on your Smily account:
3. You can personalise the settings of the app by clicking on "..." next to the app where you will be able to apply a markup for this channel and exclude listings you don't want to publish on Plum Guide (by default, all your listings will be published).
4. You will receive an automatic email from Plum Guide confirming your connection request and you will be contacted by Plum Guide within 2-3 weeks.
5. Once your account has been graded against Plum Guide's criteria, Plum guide will send you an email with your login details. Should an account not be suitable for Plum Guide, you will receive an automated email to inform you. Unfortunately individual feedback will not be possible.
✨Plum Guide requirements:
- Company profile in Smily needs to be filled with phone number, email, point of contact etc.
- Property title without numbers and non-Latin characters.
- Complete address, including zipcode.
- Photos: a minimum of 8 photos in dpi : 1200 x 80, ideally one image for every room (bathroom, kitchen, bedrooms, living space.
- Guest occupancy, number of bedrooms and bathrooms needs to be specified.
- Property size (ft² or m²) needs to be specified.
- Bedding info in each room e.g.; single bed, double bed, etc.
- Arrival instructions for the guest; check-in hours, phone number and email address.
- Prices and availability for the next 18 months (ideally).
- Properties in “instant booking” only.
- Capacity of at least one adult.
- Complete Fees and Taxes mapped in Smily.
- Cancellation policies and terms and conditions must be filled in the Smily account.
Plum guide dashboard
The plum guide dashboard allows you to see your bookings, listings and invoices. Please note that you can't edit any information from your Plum Guide account. Any changes needs to be made within your Smily account.
Communication with clients
You will receive Plum Guide client messages by email and will be able to reply directly to them by answering to the email thread. You can also reply to clients in the Plum Guide inbox section.
Please note that the Plum Guide messages are not synchronised with the Smily inbox.
Guest payment is handled by Plum Guide.
You will get payment via HyperWallet and you can set up different IBANs attached to the same account for payouts (1 IBAN per listing).
Hyperwallet is a purpose-built payout platform, part of the Paypal group, that provides a frictionless, transparent, and reliable way for Plum Guide to manage payments and enhance the payee's experience anywhere in the world.
Plum Guide uses the HyperWallet platform to process all payouts, so every host has to set up an account, add bank details, and verify their identity online if and when required.
Payments will then be processed the Friday after check in, as long as that is at least twenty-four hours after check-in.
It may take the funds 3 - 7 working days to land in your account depending on who you bank with and their processing times.
All markets are available on Plum Guide.
Instantly bookable only
Only the listings which status is "Instantly bookable" in your Smily account can be published on Plum Guide.
Here is how it should look on your Smily account:
Payments are supported in all currencies.
Plum Guide doesn’t take a deposit or a pre-authorisation from the guest. Instead they hold guests card details on file and can charge the guest in line with the deposit details contained within a properties listing.
In these instances, hosts must report damages with photos and videos within 48hrs of check-out.
Plum Guide don't charge guests for reasonable wear & tear or additional cleaning (unless significant).
Between PM and guest.
Cancellation policies available to hosts can be found here. They are mapped against your Smily cancellation types.
- To make cancellations, you need to contact Plum guide on this email address : email@example.com
- You can cancel bookings within 24h without any penalty.
- You can’t edit the booking yourself nor on Smily nor on Plum Guide.
- Once booking is canceled by Plum Guide, it will reflect in your Smily account.
Plum guide commission
Commission is charged on rental price and cleaning fee (excluding taxes). It is deducted directly from the host payout. The commission is not to be paid on cancelled bookings.