KeyNest Points (read more here) was designed with hosts, short-term accommodation providers, online agencies and property managers in mind.
It’s a network of 5500+ Points globally where you can store your keys and exchange them with guests, cleaners or contractors without needing to travel on-site or spend a lot of money on installation costs. 📍
Most of the KeyNest Points are open 24/7, which makes it easier than ever to exchange keys at a convenient time. You can find your nearby Point and its opening hours on this map. 🗺️
In case you don't find any Points close to your properties, you can submit a request to Keynest to add a Points in your location in France by filling this form or outside of France with this form which will be evaluated within 48h.
What are KeyNest Points?
Usually, they are convenience stores, cafes, hotels or petrol station shops - various local businesses located nearby your property.
Each KeyNest Point is managed by vetted and trained staff who know how to handle the keys and follow KeyNest’s processes to ensure the key exchange is instant and secure. 🔐
How do KeyNest Points work?
- Airbnb hosts or vacation rental owners/managers drop their keys at a local Point.
- Keys are tagged with KeyNest’s signature green fob and logged into the system so the owner can track their status at any time.
- The Point’s staff scans the fob and stores the key securely.
- Once a guest or a cleaner needs to access the property, the property owner/manager sends an automated message to them through KeyNest’s portal or app. 📩
- The message includes the Point’s name, address, and key collection instruction - most crucially, the unique safety code.
- The guest or cleaner heads to the KeyNest Point and speaks to the Point’s staff about the key they want to pick up.
- They show the safety code they received, and once verified, they receive the key over the counter. The key owner is notified via app and email that the key has been collected.
- Once the guest or cleaner needs to return the key, they bring it back to the same KeyNest Point, where the staff takes the key from them, scans the fob and places the key safely in the key storage. The key owner is notified again about its status. 📫
KeyNest vs Smart locks
Smart locks are one of the safest solutions for key storage.
Why wouldn’t you install one in each of your properties right away?
There could be plenty of issues:
- Smart locks won’t be an option to install if you own a flat in a block of buildings - the communal door will still have to be opened by the guest or cleaner using a “conventional key”.
- Another issue for most who consider the smart lock is the price. Besides the device itself, you will also have to pay an installation fee, and if you decide to stop using it, there will likely be a fee for a safe lock removal as well.
KeyNest vs key safes
Popular among new Airbnb hosts, key safes seem pretty ok to use for key storage… right?
Before getting one off Amazon or another site, check if it’s even legal to install one outside your property - more and more local councils in the UK or cities in Europe and the USA have banned key safes installation.
One more thing to remember is that key safes are not secure, as the name suggests.
It took us 5 minutes to look up key safe opening techniques online for top key safes available in the UK. 🔑
According to the tips, you could open these in 20 seconds. Would you like to risk the possibility of a break-in this way?
Any question? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Not yet a client? Reach out to email@example.com
Support phone numbers available 24/7
+33 (0)1 84 60 25 00 (FR)
+44 (0)203 633 4599 (EN)
+34 936 09 68 06 (ES)
+351 800 600 835 (PT)