In this article
- Intro: discover Zapier
- Main things to consider before starting to use Zapier
- What is a Zap - How to create a Zap
- How to use the BookingSync templates
- Available data
- Related questions
Intro: Discover Zapier
To put it simply, Zapier is an application that allows you to send information in between web apps and create automatic processes, so that you can save time.
Gmail, Mailchimp, Facebook, Evernote, ToDoist, Quickbooks and now BookingSync, are so many apps you can interconnect thanks to Zapier.
BookingSync is the first vacation rental partner to be integrated in Zapier, allowing users to connect their BookingSync account to 750+ other apps and brings the vacation rental process into countless automated workflows.
For instance, property managers can create forms for customers to send booking inquiries, follow up with new leads automatically, or engage with customers using any of their favorite apps.
How does it work ?
Zapier offers a connection service that allows one event in BookingSync to trigger an action in a third party application. This has an impact on several aspects of the vacation rental business such asaccounting, marketing (SMS, Newsletter…), CRM and so on.
Main things to consider before starting to use Zapier
- Zapier offers different pricing plans from Free to 250 USD / month. According to your needs: number of Zaps you want to create and run at the same time, number of tasks you want your Zappier account to handle per month, etc.., you can stick to the free plan or upgrade to a paying plan.
- Some “premium apps” like Quickbooks or Xero or multiple-step zaps require a paying plan to be used.
- A free 14 days trial is included and allows you to try out all functions and applications available in Zapier.
Note that the free plan doesn’t show automatically on the pricing page, to make it appear, hit the bottom left button that says “More plans”.
- Install the Zapier app, available in this App Center, from the Apps section of your account
- Back in your active apps, you’ll be invited to identify yourself or create a new Zapier account when clicking on the app.
- Allow the sync between Zapier and BookingSync
- You can from there create your first Zap using BookingSync
What is a Zap - How to create a Zap
Here are some ideas of tasks you’ll love stop doing everyday:
- Sending a receipt with Quickbooks, Xero, Freshbooks etc., once the balance has been paid
- Updating your Mailchimp newsletter subscribers with each new client
- Collecting your traveler's arrival time with Typeform and updating the booking
- Sending your travelers a reminder text message with Twilio 24 hours before their arrival
Those connections created between apps are called Zaps.
Two options to create a Zap :
Every time you create a Zap, you have the possibility to test it to make sure it runs like you want it. Zapier will run the Zap through a recent booking or event that happened in your BookingSync account. You can indeed skip this step.
Please note that the test won’t work on an empty BookingSync account, a fake booking must be created via the website for example, in order to run the test.
BookingSync can be used as a trigger or as the action app.
With BookingSync as the trigger app
BookingSync can generate 3 different triggers to an action on a third party app, they’re the following:
- New Inquiry
- New And/Or updated client
- New And/Or updated booking
With BookingSync as the action triggered by a third party app.
BookingSync can be triggered by a third app into doing the following actions:
- Create a client
- Update a booking
- Create an inquiry
In the Zap creation process, you may have to add a “search” step in order to find missing information to run your action. You can search for the followings:
- Find a client by Email
- Find bookings by Dates
How to use the BookingSync Templates
BookingSync offers templates that are already available and ready to use in Zapier.
If you have any new Zap ideas that would be useful to vacation rental, let us know and we might create the Zap template that can be activated in one click (we will assess the need before). Please note that it is possible for us to create a template on demand, but Zapier will take about 8 weeks to review and activate it.
- Go onto the BookingSync templates page and pick one of the available templates
- You’ll land on the editor page, and you’ll be able to start
creating your Zap from the picked template by clicking on “Create this
- Then you can just follow the steps the editor offers you
While creating your Zaps, you’ll be guided by Zapier, which gives information on the available data you can use to set up your triggers/actions.
- city:East Asia
- address1:Schmitt Springs
- default_address1:Schmitt Springs
- default_city:East Asia
- fullname:Mr. Darron Pouros
- name:Vacation Rental Olive
- name: 01QGYU from Sat Dec 30 2017 → Fri Jan 05 2018 at Vacation Rental Olive
- name:Credit card fee