In this article
The downpayment is calculated based on 3 factors:
- the rental downpayment percentage (defined in Rentals > Rates) that applies on the initial price
- the fees and services downpayment percentage (defined in Settings > Fees/Services) that applies on each fee or service
- the taxes (defined in Rentals > Taxes)
Example: a guest books a stay with a price of 1000€ + a boat tour for 100€, and you have a 20% tax applying only on the boat tour
- The rental downpayment percentage is 30%, so 300€ (1000€ x 0.3)
- The boat tour downpayment percentage is 100%, so 100€ + 20% of tax so 120€
The total downpayment for this booking will be 420€
Note that if you need to have 30% of the final price as the downpayment, you need to have 30% defined for the rental downpayment as well as for every fee or service on the booking.
If you DO NOT WANT to charge a downpayment on fees then the percentage should be 0% for every fee (Settings > Fees/Services)
Please sign in to leave a comment.