In this article
During the first step to connect your BookingSync listings to Vrbo, you will need to choose your Vrbo brand. Make sure to select the correct brand and currency according to your location:
No worries if you don’t yet have an account on Vrbo, you’ll create one directly during the connection.
|Vrbo master Brand||Country||Language||Currency|
|www.vrbo.com/en-gb||England||English||GBP or EUR|
|www.vrbo.com/en-sg||Singapore||English||USD or SGD|
|www.vrbo.com||US||English||USD or CAD|
Note that if you have listings on other sites, Vrbo might be able to migrate your listings to one of these sites, please contact your Vrbo account manager to check if it's possible.
- Note that depending on your location, the activation process takes between 1 and 4 weeks ( Vrbo delay) as soon as you sign the activation contract.
- INSTANT BOOKING is mandatory on the listings synced with BookingSync through API.
- Online booking is mandatory if you want your bookings to be synchronized. Offline booking is still possible but you will have to create your bookings in your BookingSync calendar manually.
- The Vrbo payment gateway cannot be used anymore when connected. You MUST define a payment gateway in BookingSync if you wish to use online bookings. Please, note that Paypal Express can NOT be used as a payment gateway for the Vrbo synchronization.
- Only USD, CAD, EUR, AUD, NZD, JPY and GBP are supported by Vrbo for this sync. Your price in BookingSync MUST be in one of these currencies and MATCH the Vrbo currency. It's important to select the correct brand depending on your currency (see above).
- The Vrbo full synchronization via the application can only be used to connect Property Manager accounts, i.e. you must have a property management company; but with no property number restriction, except in APAC, where the limitation is still 5 or more properties. If you have an owner account, you can connect using iCal. See this article for more details.
- Only the first 24 pictures are synced with your Vrbo listings.
- If you want to edit or cancel your Vrbo bookings you MUST do it in BookingSync. All Vrbo bookings will be shown as locked in BookingSync BUT you will be able to cancel and edit the booking in BookingSync.
Vrbo Listings Approval Content Guidelines
To make sure your listings are approved, please follow the guidelines provided by Vrbo. If any of these requirements are not met, your listing will not appear in the Vrbo feed.
- Address has to be present: address1, city, country_code, zip in Rental > Location
- Geocode has to be present: latitude and longitude in Rentals > Location (under the map)
- The description has to be present in the master brand's locale* and must be min 400 characters long in Rental > Base
- Headline has to be present in the master brand's locale* and at least 20 characters long in Rental > Base
- Minimum 6 photos in Rental > Photos
- Minimum 1 bedroom, unless the rental type is a studio in Rental > Base
- Minimum 1 bathroom in Rental > Base
- The rental type has to be set in Rental > Base
- Rates have to be set in Rental > Rates (at least one period entered)
- Rental agreement has to be present in the master brand's locale* in Settings > Payments
- Cancellation policy has to be present in Settings > Payments
- A payment gateway must be linked to the BookingSync account in Settings > Payments and assigned to each property in Rental > Private.
- Maximum field length restrictions: Description: 10000, Summary: 80, Photo description: 400
Please sign in to leave a comment.