In this article
Note that Vrbo needs to finalize your connection with BookingSync. You need to follow all the steps each time you connect a new account to Vrbo. The Vrbo team cannot activate your listings if you don't follow the full process until the end.
Pre-requisite: Install our app Vrbo for property managers
- Go to the Apps section of your account
- Click on Visit the App Center
- Select HomeAway for Property Managers
- Click on Install App
- If you start your first account connection you will be redirected directly to the screen to enter your Vrbo information:
- Your Vrbo account email address (no worries if you don’t yet have an account on Vrbo, you’ll create one in the next step)
- You Vrbo master brand (to choose the correct brand, please refer to the country where your properties are located and use the correspondence table between country and brand that is provided in this article)
- Your currency (Only USD, CAD, EUR, AUD, NZD, JPY and GBP are supported by Vrbo for this sync. Your price in BookingSync MUST be in one of these currencies and MATCH the Vrbo currency)
- Select your desired settings
- Click on save changes
OR If you already have an account connected to Vrbo: "+ connect additional account"
- Once this first step completed, your BookingSync rentals will appear on the left side for the connection. You can now proceed to synchronize your rentals:
- Connect your rentals by dragging the BookingSync rental from the left and dropping it on the right section under the grey zone "Drop a BookingSync rental here to synchronize with VRBO" to push your BookingSync listings in the feed for Vrbo.
- Make sure to clear out all the yellow warnings on your BookingSync listings. Please note that if the warnings are not corrected your listing will not appear in the Vrbo feed and can't be connected on their end. You can refer to the "Common issues preventing from syncing" section if needed.
- Once all warnings are corrected, you can click on
Manage on-going on-boardings
- For each account added, you need to complete the setup with the Vrbo team. By clicking on the “Complete Setup” button, you’ll be redirected to the Vrbo on-boarding page or lead form, according to the brand chosen. Please follow all the steps to get the synchronization up and running.
> In order to create or map a new listing on an already connected Vbro account you can just drag and drop the listing in the dedicated section "Drop a BookingSync rental here to synchronize with VRBO" and your listing will be connected to Vrbo.
Common issues preventing from syncing
When you drag and drop your properties to connect them to Vrbo, you might get some issues preventing them from syncing. They appear with a yellow background.
Here are the common issues and how to solve them.
- No cancelation policy was found for this rental. This unit won't be synchronized: cancellation policies must be entered in Settings > Payments > Cancellation policies or in each rental > Rental Cancellation Policies > Manage Rental Cancellation policies.
- Rental Agreement is required: a rental aggrement must be entered in Settings > Payment > Rental agreement or in each rental > Rental Agreement tab.
- At least 1 bedrooms, currently 0: you must define at least 1 bedroom for your rental. If there is no bedroom (ex. a sofa in the living room), make sure that the rental type is Studio in the rental > Base tab.
- English headline too short, should be at least 20 characters long, currently 15 (can be for different language): You must enter a longer headine for the specified language in the rental > Description tab.
- English description too short, should be at least 400 characters long, currently 300 (can be for different language): You must enter a longer description for the specified language in the rental > Description tab.