If you have listings present on BookingSync that are not yet on Booking.com, you can automatically create them on Booking.com by pushing your properties via the Booking.com app of your BookingSync account, allowing you to save time by not having to create your listings twice.
Please note that you cannot push your property to Booking.com in order to create a new listing if you already have an existing listing of your property on Booking.com. Otherwise, Booking.com will block the importation of the listing as a duplicate listing.
Prerequisite if you have several properties
If you are already a Booking.com partner with a group of properties, you need to ask your Booking.com account manager your Legal Entity ID (number with 5 digits).
If you are not a Booking.com partner yet and want to manage your properties as a group, you can request a Legal Entity ID by completing this form. Booking.com will then come back to you within a week to confirm your registration and give you an ID.
You can only push rentals to Booking.com that are labeled "instantly bookable" or "bookable online". In addition, please make sure you have the following information filled in:
- Bedroom details
- Bathroom details
- Full equipped kitchen amenity must be selected.
- Full address, including street name and zip code
- Photo kind: at least one outside and one of the living room
- At least one contact with the "General" function
- Residency Category (required on Booking.com according to local legislation)
- At least 1 day available to be booked (must have a rate)
1. Please, install the Booking.com app available on our App Center, from the App section of your account
2. Drag and drop the property you want to create onto the field "Drop here to create a new rental on Booking.com" on the bottom right of your Booking.com app.
3. Resolve the content issue. You must not have any message in red left for the rental.
Note that there might be a delay of a few minutes to sync the changes from the rental section to the Booking.com app. Please, do not consider messages marked in yellow and grey!
4. Click on "Change Settings" and add:
- your Legal Entity ID - mandatory if you want the property to be created on your group
- the way you accept payments, by default it's "All the way accepted by Payment gateway", meaning all the credit cards, mentioned in the payment gateway settings.
Note that if you want to benefit from Payments by Booking.com, you must select "I manage payment setting in my Booking.com extranet".
Furthermore, you can decide to manage payment settings directly from your Booking.com Extranet :
- your cancellation policies: note that on Booking.com, the prepayment sticks to the cancellation policy. BookingSync makes it mandatory to have a prepayment right after the reservation.
- your parking policy
5. Select the rate kind in the Booking.com app for the standard rate of each rental:
- Rental price without special offers = booking initial price without special offers: season rate + rate rules - the special offers that may apply for the period
- Rental price with special offers = booking initial price: season rate + rate rules + special offers
- Rental price with all required fees and taxes included = booking final price: initial price (incl. special offers) + mandatory fees + taxes
6. Once you are ready to create your listing, click on Create on Booking.com button.
7. The rental is pushed to Booking.com. As soon as you see the "being built" sign, you can see your property on your extranet.
8. If it's a single property (not linked to any Legal Entity ID), you need to sign an agreement first. You'll receive the agreement to sign by email. The process is stopped until you sign the agreement.
9. The rental opens automatically. The status of the property on Booking.com is open and bookable.
IMPORTANT: if you use payments by Booking.com, you must contact your account manager to change the payment method as it will not be available in your extranet anymore. This can take a few days to be changed.
The following fields cannot be updated via content API once created:
- Property Name
- Taxes (VAT or other taxes)
Please contact your Booking.com account manager to perform the changes. Once done, if the property is closed on Booking.com, it has to be reopened on the extranet as not possible to reopen it from BookingSync.
You cannot create more than one "general" contact from BookingSync. If you need more than one general contact, you must create the other ones directly in your Booking.com extranet.
The following information cannot be synced from BookingSync as Booking.com doesn't expose them to be synced. However, the information can be updated directly on your Booking.com extranet:
- Property > How to get to
- Property > Your profile
- Property > What's nearby
When you push a new rental to Booking.com, it creates a new hotel ID (account) with a new room (listing). You cannot push a new rental as a new room under the same hotel ID. This feature will be available soon.