In this article
- Why contracting with Booking.com?
- Important information about the contracting process
- The steps to create a contract with Booking.com
- Pushing several properties in the same contract
- Creating more than 1 contract for the same BookingSync account
Why contracting with Booking.com?
For an Accommodation Partner's property to become open and bookable, the Accommodation Partner must sign a contract with Booking.com.
The good news is, you can now start the contracting process from BookingSync directly and save some time!
Important information about the contracting process
IMPORTANT!! The information that will be used to create the new contract are the following:
- Booking.com company name / Legal company name: BookingSync account name
- Contact information: contact specified in the first rental you push to the new contract with the role Contract or else General.
Note: If there is more than 1 contact with the role contract, we do take the one with the kind “owner” preferably. If there are no owners but managers, we take the first one on the list.
To simplify, it's preferable to define a contact with the role Contract for at least the first property you create in a new contract.
- Contract countries: list of the countries of the BookingSync rentals
You will be able to modify this information at the time you sign the contract.
Make sure that the email of the contact used to create the contract is not already assigned to another Booking.com contract as it will fail.
The steps to create a contract with Booking.com
Creating a contract with Booking.com for 1 or several properties follows the same initial process.
- If not done yet, install the Booking.com app from our app center.
- In the Booking.com app, drag and drop the first listing in the zone Drop here to create a new rental on Booking.com
- In the Property settings, make sure you don't have any default legal entity set, as it would push the property in this group rather than a new one.
- In the change setting form, select that you don't have a legal entity/group ID, and fill in all other information.
- Click on Create on Booking.com
- You will receive an email from Booking.com at the email address of the contact with the contract or general role with a link to the contract to sign.
- Review all the information, update if necessary, and sign it
- You will receive an email to reset your password. Then you can access your new Booking.com extranet account with the email address as your login.
- After a few minutes, your property is created on your new Booking.com account and your new legal entity and hotel IDs are displayed in BookingSync.
Pushing several properties in the same contract
You cannot push more than 1 property till the contract is signed. Once signed, it can take up to 1 hour for BookingSync to get the information. Once BookingSync has the information, the legal entity ID is displayed above the first rental pushed.
To create new properties in the same contract/group, follow the instructions detailed in this article.
If you need to have only 1 contract attached to the BookingSync account, we recommend you to add the legal entity ID in the Property Settings form, so you don't have to specify it every time you push a new property.
Creating more than 1 contract for the same BookingSync account
It's possible to create as many contracts as you need from BookingSync. The only requirement is to have for each contract a different email address. So you need first to create and assign a new contact with the role Contract to the first property you create in the new contract.
Then, you just have to follow the steps described in the section above!