Pre-requisite: create your Airbnb account
If you do not have yet an Airbnb account, please create one on the Airbnb page. You don't need to create any listing.
If you already have an Airbnb account, you can directly go to the connection steps.
- Go to Airbnb.com and click Sign up
- Fill your host information in Airbnb: photo, description, bank information.
- Accept the community commitment and terms of service
- Add your photo
- Confirm your phone number
- Confirm your email address
See the Airbnb help section for more information.
The location of your properties MUST be in an area eligible for the Airbnb official connection. If you want to check if your properties are eligible for this sync, I invite you to check the file. Note that if the country is in the file but not your exact location, it means that this location is GREEN/eligible.
Also the Airbnb official connection is now accessible for professional accounts located in red zone (registered companies with VAT number).
- You must create your Airbnb account before starting this sync. No need to create any listing.
- INSTANT BOOKING is mandatory on the listings synced with BookingSync through API. Unless you are on the latest BookingSync pricing plan (in that case you can choose an instant booking category).
- You have to choose a Residency Category and add the License Number (required on Airbnb according to local legislation).
You can fill this information in the rental section > general tab on BookingSync.
- To be sure your listing content meets the Airbnb expectations, you can read the content guideline section below.
- You have 2 options to sync your listings between BookingSync and Airbnb: Everything and Limited. If you chose limited, only your pricing, availability, messages, and reservations will be managed via BookingSync. See details in the Manage your Airbnb account section.
IMPORTANT: Please note that Smart Pricing option on Airbnb is not disabled with the Official sync. Please turn off this option BEFORE connected to any rental.
- Once your Airbnb account is synced, you won't be able to check your calendar on Airbnb (you will only be able to check your calendar on your public Airbnb URL). You must check your calendar on BookingSync.
- You cannot sync co-hosted listing with this sync.
- Once your account is synced, you will no longer be able to create new listings on Airbnb, the listings need to be created and pushed from BookingSync.
- Note that Airbnb authorizes only 1 PMS app to be connected to your account, so you must disconnect any other PMS app before starting the sync with BookingSync.
- You need to apply your Airbnb cleaning fees, linen fees, service charge, and resort fees directly on your BookingSync account under settings > fees and services with the corresponding fee kind otherwise the fees will not be synchronized with Airbnb.
Airbnb API Listing Approvals Content Guidelines
To make sure your listings are approved, please follow the guidelines provided by Airbnb. Please note the Airbnb requirement for API listings is stronger than for other listings. Download the file here.
|Approve: Optimum||Approve: Minimum||Reject|
|Supply type||Unique, family friendly (non-shared) key level supply in vacation rental destinations.||- Apartments, condominiums, villas
- Serviced apartments, bed and breakfasts
- Boutique hotel/BnB rooms that meet 2 of the following 3 "Traditional Hospitality Standards" criteria:
1) <25 listings in entire property (>25 listings but rooms that are all different in design may be approved)
2) Guest rooms are unique in design (separate photos, descriptions)
3) Guest rooms and common spaces incorporate unique design
(Select markets may require: visible permit for approval, please see)
|- >25 units of identical, representative inventory with
- Timeshare inventory
- Duplicate listings (>1 listing with identical photos and descriptions)
|Title||Unique, descriptive and differentiated titles e.g. "Cozy cabin in the Adirondacks"||- <12 characters in listing title
- Descriptive and clear e.g. "3 bedroom villa in Tuscany" or "2 bedroom apartment, town center"
|- Inventory codes e.g. SD1 45H
- "Test listing" titles e.g. BookingPal Test 1@
|Description||- Unique, thorough listing descriptions
- Conveys hospitality style and personality
- Tailored to an Airbnb guest
- Formatted with paragraphs and line breaks
|Mimimum 50 character summary of property location and offering||- <50 characters in listing description
- Contains address, phone number or URL
- Text in all caps
- Descriptions that contradict pricing, availability, or booking requirements
|Photos||- 20+ photos
- High resolution photos
- Appropriate selection of "Hero" shot
- Bedrooms & amenities fully visible in photos
|- 10 photos (excluding floor plan)
- 1024 x 683 pixels @ 72 dpi (not grainy)
|- <10 photos
- Stock photography
- Watermarks or PM contact information
- Grainy or poor quality photos
- No photos of interior
|Bed configuration (1)||Clear and logical bed configuration by room||While this is not a required field, the # of beds at the top of the listing should only include real beds. Additional options (such as sofa beds) can be listed in the description and can be included when determining the number of guests, but cannot be listed as beds.
Ex: 1 queen bed and 1 queen sofa bed = 1 bed, 1 bedroom, 4 guests (up to host if they want to list up to 4 guests or prefer to list 2)
|Mismatch between guest capacity, bedrooms and # of beds (e.g. 10 guests and 2 beds or 3 bedrooms and 1 bed)
Inaccurate portrayal of "beds", per the logic outlined in "Approve: Minimum" guidelines.
|Availability||Generous availability, with some dates blocked||Minimum 70 days availability for the next 12 months||0-69 days availability|
|Amenities (2)||- Majority of amenities are selected
- Amenities are clearly photographed
|5 amenities selected||<5 amenities selected|
|Lenght of Stay||Length of stay that varies by season/date range||Contains lenght of stay||N/A|
|Pricing||Pricing varies by day of week and season||Pricing varies by day of week and season||If listing comes from a PM with >500 listings, Airbnb prices must be within 15-20% of the price on competing OTA's or host sites. If Airbnb base price is inflated by >15%, please reach out to API partner for clarification|
Tip: warnings will show up in the Airbnb app if the requirements are not met
(1) Bedrooms details MUST be filled in (what kind of beds, kind of shower or bath, etc) in each rental > tab General.
(2) Valid amenities for Airbnb: Air Conditioning, Breakfast Included, Clothes Dryer, Concierge, Elevator, Essentials, Fireplace, Full Equipped Kitchen, Gym, Hair Dryer, Handicap Accessible, Hangers, Heated Pool, Heating, Internet, Iron, Jacuzzi, Kids Friendly, Parking Included, Pets Considered, Pool Private, Pool Shared, Satellite Or Cable, Tv, Washing Machine, Wedding, Smoke Detector, Carbon Monoxide Detector, First Aid Kit, Safety Card, Fire Extinguisher, Self Checkin, 24h Checkin, Laptop Friendly
Please sign in to leave a comment.